Superb Combi: Panoramic sunroof noises when closed

Diskutiere Superb Combi: Panoramic sunroof noises when closed im Skoda Superb II Forum Forum im Bereich Skoda Forum; Hi friends, I have a Superb Combi equipped with panoramic sunroof since early December 2010. I notice a noise coming from the sunroof as I pass...

ecejmpe

Hi friends,

I have a Superb Combi equipped with panoramic sunroof since early December 2010.

I notice a noise coming from the sunroof as I pass by a bump or irregularity in the firm.
The noise disappears when the sunroof is open, so my conclusion is that this is a bad fit in the panoramic sunroof or a loosen piece of hardware.

The noise is a rattle (sounds like "clonk"), like two colliding rigid parts together, and only when running over a pothole, soundtrack or irregularities in the firm.

Does anyone with a sunroof in its Superb Combi has experienced something similar?

Kind regards

Christgurt

Fahrzeug
Skoda Superb Style Combi iV, MJ21, EZ: 9.12.2020
Hi,

i have this noise too. When the roof is full of frozen snow it sounds like the roof is breaking down.
I think it is a constuction problem. The roof is so big and not so flexible like an Metallroof so the two parts of the panoramic roof must compens the Vehicel torsion when your are driving on a bad surface.

mfg

PS: Sorry for my bad english

skoda-dental

Fahrzeug
Skoda Superb Combi TDI, Alfa Giulietta 1.4 TB
Werkstatt/Händler
Autohaus Heitz, Garmisch-Partenkirchen / Alfa Grill Sportivo, München
Kilometerstand
Well, I also think, that it might be a problem of car's torsion and a certain lack of precision, because the roof is built in by workers, not by robots. Let your dealer check it...

ecejmpe

I am sorry for writing the message in English. Unfortunately I don't speak German (I wish I could ;-)). I should have excused at the beginning of my email. I apologize if this has ofended some of you guys. It wasn't my intention at all.

I know this is a German forum, but, fortunately, thanks to google translate, many people from different countries can take advantage of this excelent site for discussing about our Skodas ;-)

Cheers!

Edit durch Moderator: Bezug auf gelöschten Beitrag entfernt

monstar-x

Fahrzeug
Skoda Superb Combi 1.4 TSI Elegance DK
Kilometerstand
You are Welcome, just continue to write in English.
The most Germans cant speak foreign Language.

Sorry but i can´t help. I dont have a Panoramic Sunroof :-(

Edit durch Moderator: Bezug auf gelöschten Beitrag entfernt

#
Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren

tommes33

Fahrzeug
SCE 3.6 4x4
ecejmpe schrieb:
Hi friends,

I have a Superb Combi equipped with panoramic sunroof since early December 2010.

I notice a noise coming from the sunroof as I pass by a bump or irregularity in the firm.
The noise disappears when the sunroof is open, so my conclusion is that this is a bad fit in the panoramic sunroof or a loosen piece of hardware.

The noise is a rattle (sounds like "clonk"), like two colliding rigid parts together, and only when running over a pothole, soundtrack or irregularities in the firm.

Does anyone with a sunroof in its Superb Combi has experienced something similar?

Kind regards
Hi,

feel free to ask in english and ignore those silly statements - it should be possible to answer in your language even if it takes more time...

i do have a panoramic sunroof as well and also know that terrible noise. but only when it´s icy outside and snow is frozen to the entire roof.
body and sunroof are working (moving) all the time when you´re driving and in case of i.e. irregularities in the firm and frozen snow at the roof you hear that noise which comes from breaking ice at the interface between roof and sunroof.

if that noise occurs at your car without that conditions it´s probably a serious problem that you should let check your dealer asap.

does someone know if that noise occurs at other cars of the VW Group as well (should be the same sunroof)?

cheers, tom

geronimo

Fahrzeug
Fabia² 1.4 16V
Kilometerstand
Ich habe alle Beiträge, die sich nicht mit dem eigentlichen Thema befassen, gelöscht. Bitte antwortet nur auf die Frage und diskutiert hier nicht über andere Dinge.

Gruß vom Moderatorenteam
geronimo 8)

@ecejmpe

You're car seems to be brand new. The easiest way is to contact your dealer, because it's a warranty case. The problem should be solved for free.

Thanks for joining our board, you're always welcome
geronimo 8)

Thema:

Superb Combi: Panoramic sunroof noises when closed

Superb Combi: Panoramic sunroof noises when closed - Ähnliche Themen

Skoda Superb Empfehlungen um 10k? - UK: Hello, I am looking forward to your next car. Our company has an automatic estate version that I like to drive. Really big and comfortable, I'm...
Skoda Octavia combi 1.9TDI 4x4 VS Subaru Legacy station wagon?: Hi. I'm currently thinking about buying a new car for me and my family and I can't make up my mind if I should get the Octavia or the Legacy...
Superb III Superb 280 to 560ps - A sleeper’s journey: 543ps with Wagner intercooler After using the car in standard form for a few months, I decided that I needed more power and better handling to go...
09/2011 Superb II with Amundsen(+) - strange: Sorry, I have to write in English. I hope someone will still be able to help. I just picked up a 2nd hand Superb and the NaviSystem is listed as...
Superb Facelift Lenkrad nachrustet im Pre-Facelift!: Apologies for my english! Just replaced my 4-spoke old MFSW in my MY2010 Superb with the new 3-spoke MFSW from the Superb Facelift...

Sucheingaben

panoramic sunroof on skoda superb

panormatic sunroof noises

panoramic roof noises?

skoda superb panoramic roof noise
, sunroof skoda superb noise, 2020 Skoda Superb Combi
Oben