Brake pedal self depress during ACC braking

Diskutiere Brake pedal self depress during ACC braking im Skoda Octavia IV Forum Forum im Bereich Skoda Forum; Hello everybody, first of all apologize for writing in english but I don't speak German and this forum is so far the more populated speaking for...

1. #1 Cemento, 15.10.2020
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15.10.2020
    Cemento

Cemento

Hello everybody,

first of all apologize for writing in english but I don't speak German and this forum is so far the more populated speaking for Octavia IV topics.
    Since September I'm the owner of a Octavia IV Style equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control.
    The system is working not too bad even if some maneuvers seem not completely well calibrated (for example on the highway once someone comes in your line from the right).

But what is really weird is that while braking in ACC the brake pedal self depresses (going down) coming back to its original position at the end of the ACC braking. This is really weird because if you want to overcame the braking you have to literally search for the brake pedal with your foot... Since it's the first time that I drive a vehicle that realizes ACC breaking on this way (other vehicles I drove leave the brake pedal position unchanged during ACC brake) I was just asking confirmation that this is not just an issue of my vehicle but a standard behavior. And I'm also curious to understand which is the technical reason for implementing the braking on this way, generally the pedal brake circuit and the vehicle braking circuit are someway detached.
    regards

Alberto

2. #2 morlock61, 15.10.2020
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15.10.2020
    morlock61

morlock61

Fahrzeug:
    Octavia III Combi FL, 1,5TSI ACT, Octavia IV FE 2.0 TDI 150PS
    I´m not sure, whether this is a standard behavior, because my Octavia IV is also my first car with ACC. Maybe someoneelse can answer this question.
    Nevertheless: My Octavia is having the same behavior than yours:)

3. emmA3

emmA3

Fahrzeug:
    SUPERB SPORTLINE COMBI
    Kilometerstand:
    JA
    Hey,

yesterday I had my first test drive with an OCTAVIA 4 and I've found the same thing. I have already driven a few cars with ACC, but this behavior was new to me.
    But apparently it is standard behavior and I think, after a short time you get used to it.

4. #4 ottensener, 15.10.2020
    ottensener

ottensener

Fahrzeug:
    Fabia II - 1,4
    Kilometerstand:
    130.000+
    Have you ever heard of Google translate?
    Great tool...

Bolloc gefällt das.
  5. #5 Cemento, 15.10.2020
    Cemento

Cemento

Yes and not... if you need to override the system (e.g. braking more of what the vehicle is doing) searching for the pedal makes you losing time. Once you get the pedal in most of the case you would push more than requested easily getting overbreaking. That's not so comfortable.

6. #6 boerni666, 15.10.2020
    boerni666

boerni666

Fahrzeug:
    Skoda Fabia III Combi 1.2 TSI 81kw DSG Active PL-Import
    Werkstatt/Händler:
    Fleetari Repair Shop Alivieska, Finnland
    Kilometerstand:
    Siehe Spritmonitor-Profil in der Signatur
    hahahahahaha! Oh man. Lieber ordentliches Englisch als 1:1 aus Google Translate. /OT

octaviaiv, Lamensis und yammelo gefällt das.
  7. #7 PiranhA, 15.10.2020
    PiranhA

PiranhA

I never had to chance to use ACC in real life, but I guess the solution for this problem would be brake-by-wire. Right now the pedals are directly connected to the braking system, like the steering wheel is connected to the steering system. The little helpers like brake booster (Bremskraftverstärker) or power steering (Servolenkung) only work on top of the mechanical system. Hence it is impossible to steer or brake without moving the steering wheel or break pedal.
    The reason for this is to have a fallback in case of a technical failure. If the system shuts down (engine off), you still need to be able to steer and brake. It might be a little bit harder, but you can stop safely. Without the direct connection, you need a system that is absolutely fail safe and meets higher standards regarding the safety. This is of course expensive and has little benefits for the mass market. So the technology only comes slowly into the markets.

8. Ken610

Ken610

Ja das sind mir die liebsten die solche Tools benutzen anstatt selber mal den Kopf einzuschalten.. wir reden ja schließlich nicht über eine unbekannte Sprache..

9. Bolloc

Bolloc

Fahrzeug:
    Octavia 2.0 TDI evo 85 KW 6-G
    Wieso?
    Es ist immer noch ein deutschsprachiges Forum! Und mit einem ebensolchen Beitrag erreiche ich nun mal viel mehr Benutzer als mit einem Englischen und bekomme wahrscheinlich auch mehr Hilfe angeboten.
    Nicht jeder versteht Englisch fließend und vollumfassend!

Der Google Übersetzer liefert jedenfalls brauchbare Ergebnisse:

10. #10 NordOstsee, 15.10.2020
    NordOstsee

NordOstsee

This is quite normal behavior. This is also my first car with ACC. You get used to it. It can happen that you brake a bit harder because you don't hit the braking point perfectly, but it's not that bad.

And don't translate the german answers, the content is just typical German whining :D

11. #11 4tz3nainer, 15.10.2020
    4tz3nainer

4tz3nainer

Fahrzeug:
    Superb Sportline Combi 220 PS TSI, Octavia RS TSI Combi
    Werkstatt/Händler:
    Autohaus Brass
    Kilometerstand:
    >90000
    The question is, what is different with the O4. My Superb doesnt show this behavior.

12. Jopi

Jopi

Fahrzeug:
    Passat B8 Variant 190 PS TDI DSG Highline 4Motion
    Kilometerstand:
    You mean that the pedal itself moves physically/mechanically down and back up again?
    I didn't realize that during my test drive with the O4 a few months ago and I can't remember ever having experienced that in another car with ACC.
    But maybe it's just normal and I just haven't realized that it happens because this is the first time I conciously think about it.
    The way I have perceived this system so far is that the brakes are applied but there is no change in the pedal position. I'll observe that next time.

13. #13 Lamensis, 15.10.2020
    Lamensis

Lamensis

Fahrzeug:
    Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.2D
    Kilometerstand:
    I didn't drive the O4 so far, but a Volvo V60 PHEV and a Jaguar XF with ACC, and neither of them were interacting with the brake pedal at all. I would find it disturbing if it would tbh, and in the case of the XF it wouldn't make sense since the ACC only uses the rear brakes(afair the Superb 3 does the same)
    Wenn du Englisch könntest hättest du im Eingangspost die Erklärung gefunden dass es nicht wirklich Hilfe in englischsprachigen Foren gibt.
    Niemand zwingt dich dieses Thema anzuklicken und zu lesen was hier geschrieben wird.

chrfin und yammelo gefällt das.
  14. #14 Cemento, 15.10.2020
    Cemento

Cemento

Yes, exactly!

Ich habe es vorgezogen, eine Sprache zu verwenden, die ich kenne und mit der ich mich ausreichend detailliert ausdrücken kann, anstatt eine andere durch den Einsatz eines automatischen Übersetzers zu verletzen.

earlgrey und yammelo gefällt das.
  15. Jopi

Jopi

Fahrzeug:
    Passat B8 Variant 190 PS TDI DSG Highline 4Motion
    Kilometerstand:
    I have just observed in my Passat and the brake pedal itself doesn't move at all automatically.

16. #16 Kwitjibo, 15.10.2020
    Kwitjibo

Kwitjibo

I can confirm that the brake pedal of my O4 is also moving when the ACC slows down the car.

Its really weird, especially when you drive towards a standing car (e.g. waiting on a roundabout). The ACC hits the break harder/earlier than I would do resulting in the front assist warning about the obstacle.

17. swir87

swir87

Fahrzeug:
    Skoda Octavia IV Kombi 2.0 TDI
    Same behaviour here. In my opinion, the pedal moves only a few millimeters but it feels way more because your foot is quite sensible in using the peddal. During light ACC breaking the peddal doesn't move, only if you're approaching a vehicle which is a lot more slower than your car. My guess is, that this behaviour is already part of a front assist algorithm, which preloads the break system in case that an emergency brake scenario will become neccessary. In this case, the brake system delivers full brake pressure directly with a minimum ammount of pressure applied to the brake peddal. When you listen carefully and turn the volume of the radio down, you can also here valve clicking during the ACC braking process. And when the brake pedal moves, there is also another valve working, this is what leads me to my guess.

My previous 2017 Golf 7 GTD Facelift also showed this behaviour. So it seems to be at least normal in MQB platform cars.

Jopi gefällt das.
  18. #18 earlgrey, 16.10.2020
    earlgrey

earlgrey

Fahrzeug:
    Octavia 4 Combi, 1st Ed, 150 PS TDI DSG
    Just my 2 Cents. I had the O3 FaceLift Combi until September. ACC was inculded and it did NOT show this new behaviour. Now I have the O4 and I was kind of suprised, when ACC used the break and I had to overrule it with more force - but I was searching for my break pedal.

It's not a bug, it's a feature :( .

19. Cemento

Cemento

Hi all. I took a look to the engine compartment and I can confirm that the vehicle features a brake by wire system (it’s Conti MK100ESC) that is placed on the right side of the vehicle. Since the brake pedal is detached from the brake oil lines, the behavior on the pedal is somehow wanted to be like this by Skoda.

earlgrey und Lamensis gefällt das.
Thema:

Brake pedal self depress during ACC braking

Die Seite wird geladen...

Brake pedal self depress during ACC braking - Ähnliche Themen

1. Virtuelles Pedal Heckklappe

Virtuelles Pedal Heckklappe: Ich bin seit kurzem Besitzer eines Superb FL und habe da mal eine Frage zu dem virtuellen Pedal. Laut Ausstattungsliste ist die Funktion verbaut....
  2. Was haltet ihr davon? Autotür-Pedal ...

Was haltet ihr davon? Autotür-Pedal ...: Guten Abend Škodagemeinde, in der Werbung bin ich auf das Autotür-Pedal gestoßen ... Was haltet ihr davon, sinniges Zubehör oder sein Geld nicht...
  3. Rain Brake Support (automatische Bremsenstrocknung) auch beim neuen Fabia??

Rain Brake Support (automatische Bremsenstrocknung) auch beim neuen Fabia??: In anderen europäischen Märkten z.B. Italien wirbt Skoda beim neuen Fabia mit dem Rain Brake Support (RBS), der Bremsentrocknung, damit die...
  4. City brake Schalter

City brake Schalter: Liebe Freunde, morgen wird es ernst, wir holen ihn. Nur um ganz sicher zu gehen, dass wirklich kein City Brake Dingens verbaut ist - woran erkennt...
  5. ???Philips Blue Vision oder Osram Night Braker???

???Philips Blue Vision oder Osram Night Braker???: Hallo zusammen, zu nächsteinmal möchte ich mich entschuldigen fall dieses Thema schon öfter aufgetaucht ist. Ich habe durch die Suchfunktion...
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies um Inhalte zu personalisieren. Außerdem werden auch Cookies von Diensten Dritter gesetzt. Mit dem weiteren Aufenthalt akzeptierst du diesen Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden